Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Knitting at 3 a.m.

More often than I would like, I battle with insomnia. On Monday I was wide awake at 3 a.m., so I decided to be productive. I picked up a nearby skein of yarn, and started this pumpkin cap. It's hard to see from this angle, but the orange cap has ridges similar to a pumpkin shape, and there will be a stem and leaves at the top when it's finished. I got about an inch and a half done before I got drowsy enough to turn off the light.
Although I would rather to getting a good night's sleep, knitting is a much better use of the time than just lying in bed and worrying. And there is something rhythmic about moving the stitches from one needle to the next, and the other repetitive motions that are almost hypnotic.

Cats are lucky, they seem to have no problems with insomnia!

No comments:

Post a Comment