Sunday, January 08, 2012

New at Creativemind - Black Watch Cap


One of the ways I want to use the blog more this year is to highlight items that are added to my Etsy shop. Often there’s a reason why I make something, or a story behind its making. Or sometimes I’m just knitting. Here goes!

This black watch cap was added on January 1.  To me, the black ribbed watch cap is a classic. It conjures up images of merchant seamen or sailors, of robbers or bad guys from the movies, or hikers and outdoorsmen.  And it’s a unisex style – women can also wear this cap with ease and comfort.

Besides the classic style, another reason I like to make these ribbed caps is just that – the ribbing. The standard knit 2, purl 2 ribbing is so stretchy that it can accommodate several head sizes. This is especially nice if the cap is a gift – it’s bound to fit!

The yarn I used for this cap is Berroco Vintage, and it’s a new yarn for me. It’s a blend of wool and acrylic, which makes the yarn easy to care for. I liked the heft of the yarn, and thought it was very pleasant to knit with.

If you are looking for a standard wardrobe staple, or a great gift, be sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment