Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yarn Along - June 11, 2014

I really hope this is the last time I show these socks as a work in progress! 
I looked back at my notes - I started this pair on July 11, 2013, and I can't believe it's taking a whole year to finish them. I just kept setting this project aside to work on other more important knitting, I guess. I'll tell you what, when I get them done, the next pair is going to be bright and colorful! I really like this yarn, Cascade Heritage Handpaints, but I've done my fair share of knitting dark brown and black lately, so I'm ready for some fun.

My book is the latest cozy mystery from Hazel Holt, who writes the Mrs. Malory series. I love these books more for their depiction of British life than for the story sometimes. I was really worried that the series had come to an end, because there hadn't been a new book in quite a while, but I was pleasantly surprised to find this one when I checked Amazon recently. I'm trying not to gulp it down, it's a quick read, but I want it to last!

Joining with Ginny...what are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment