Thursday, February 16, 2017

Yarn Along - February 16, 2017

Hello 2017! I’m jumping back on the blogging bandwagon – finally. I read somewhere that blogs are dead. I don’t agree. I still enjoy reading them. I can't handle twitter with all the hashtags. It’s disruptive in so many ways. And Instagram – haven’t looked at that much, but I’d rather have the words please. Love the words!!
I was really hoping to finish my Dovetail Shawl over the Christmas holiday, but I fell short. I had been making estimates, seeing if I could get another pattern repeat out of the Liberty yarn, and I kept doing the math wrong, and ending up with more yarn than I’d expected. The shawl is still getting wider, and ends with a border, so I want to be sure I don’t run out, but I also want to make it as big as possible. With a long weekend coming up I’m hoping to pick it up again and maybe finish it for good this time.

In addition to that I have several other routine projects on the needles, plus a new one – a prototype for a bag – a potential gift for a friend. I wanted to try a smaller version of the bag first to check the yarn and needle size and how well it will full, etc. One night of knitting done, and this project is making me so happy! More on that another time.


As far as reading goes, I’ve just started Hazel Holt’s final book – Mrs. Malory and Death is a Word. Hazel passed away in 2015, and I have read all 21 of her Sheila Malory mysteries. They are so peacefully intriguing. More than solving any of the mysteries, I just wanted to live vicariously through Sheila, with her Aga cooker and cozy house; her trips into Taunton, and to Oxford and the Bodleian. The walks along the sea on gray days….I think I went vicariously to England better with Hazel Holt than almost any other writer, except Miss Read. I’m trying to savor this last book. And yes, I will read them all over again!

See what Ginny and the other Yarn Along friends are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment