Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Yarn Along - June 29

With a long weekend coming up, I could easily get an attack of startitis. I intend to spend some of my time working on stash organization and purging, both in yarn and patterns. The problem is, I only get so far before I start browsing and then get the urge to sit down and cast on, especially if I suddenly find the perfect pattern for some particular yarn that’s been calling to me.

Actually though, I’ve been picking up older projects and trying to get them sorted out and finished up. This is one of them – a little baby cardigan from a vintage Workbasket magazine. I started it because I wanted to add the pattern and photos to Ravelry’s database and also to have a gift sweater on hand. The magazine had one tiny black and white photo. I lost some of my enthusiasm when I realized that instead of a stripe pattern on the body as I had assumed, it’s actually going to be an elongated stitch instead. I’ll give it a try, but if it looks weird, I’m going to do something else and just get the sweater finished, and not worry about adding it to Ravelry. The yarn is just some vintage acrylic but it’s nice and soft and I’m glad to be using it up.
As far as summer reading goes, I’m tackling AlexanderHamilton, in all his forms, starting with the Chernow biography. I have the Broadway book and CD on request from the library as well. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to add more politics to an already highly political year, but maybe it’s best to get them all done at once.


Joining in with Ginny!

No comments:

Post a Comment