Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hippity Hoppity/Casting a Vote!

Here's the bunny, all finished at last! I don't like the arms, but I guess it's cute enough. If I can figure out a way to make the arms more seamless, I might make more. Actually I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to knit back and forth for a few rows, then join back up and knit the head and ears, which would leave an opening to pick up stitches for arms. I'll have to try that, but not right away. I need a bunny break. I suppose it didn't help that I made this prototype with fingering weight yarn. It was very tiny to turn inside out, only a couple of inches across. I have a big ball of worsted weight acrylic that I could use for the next one.

Voting - I actually got to knit while queuing to vote today! Not too long, but for our small town, that's a first. I didn't even have to wait in line at the last Presidential Election! The hot item on the ballot today was a school referendum where the school district is asking permission to go into debt and raise the tax levy $800,000 per year for the next five years. Financial type votes always bring out a crowd. I was number 273 in the voting line-up, with 3 hours to go. School board and village board races also had multiple candidates, which is again unusual for teeny, tiny Trempealeau. Most people run unopposed.

Tomorrow I get a big new toy - a Treadmill! I am serious about this lose weight, get healthy kick, and have wanted one for years. I would love to be able to knit and walk on it, but I have visions of the yarn falling and getting tangled in the belt, and the motor burning out!! We'll have to see - maybe one of those waist hooks or knitting pouches will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment