Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June is Busting Out All Over!

With all the rain we've had the past few weeks, my jungle of a backyard is even more lush than ever. The vegetable garden was taken over this year by the hollyhocks, and it's just lovely.
I was a bit worried, because last year all the hollyhocks seemed to be washed out shades of yellow and pink. I thought maybe they were all spent, and it was time for new seed. But this year they came on with these brilliant shades of magenta, fuchsia, and coral, as well as pink and yellow.

And this evening while I had the cats out, I took Rollie for a little stroll, and we were quickly berated by a pair of robins. Seems we were getting too close to their little ones - in my Mulberry tree, perched right above the mailbox...

This has to be a second batch. I never saw any little ones from an earlier hatch, but with all the other cats in the neighborhood running loose, I guess I'm not surprised. I hope these three, or four, can make it.

So that's June - all green and growing and full of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment