Monday, June 21, 2010

Three Good Things for Monday

Mondays are hard. I never seem to leap out of bed on Monday morning, all bright-eyed and ready for another week. Today, as usual, I had to drag myself out of bed, and I started off thinking about what I didn't accomplish over the weekend, and what I had in front of me for the week.

Today was a timecard day, which isn't difficult, just time consuming. And then our maintenance guy's computer wouldn't work, so it took a while to get that going again, and then another computer had issues, and one of the databases I needed to work in wouldn't let me log in. So even though it was quiet because half the staff was gone today, it was a bit of a challenge.

Usually on a Monday I come home and crash, and if I can find the strength, I pick up the knitting needles and stare at TV for the evening, or take a bath, and maybe go to bed early.

That's a routine I'd like to change, but it's going to take some time.

For the past few weeks, I've been catching up with Crazy Aunt Purl's blog. I started reading it a few years ago, after her interview on the Knitpick's podcast. But starting with the current pages for that time period was like walking into the middle of the movie. I had to go back to the very beginning, and wow, is that woman prolific! After reading for a while I had to take a break. For the past few weeks I've gone back to it and finally got caught up to the present day. Whew.

One of the things Laurie does periodically is list "Three Good Things" which helps put a positive spin on the day. So I thought I would borrow this in my attempt to start turning Mondays around. Here goes!

1. Crock Pots - this is an especially good one for Monday. If I come ready to plant my face in the sofa, the last thing I want to do is cook. But yesterday I managed to get that piece of brisket marinated, so this morning I slipped it into the crockpot, and when I got home I had a wonderful, succulent supper, and all I had to do was heat up some veggies and I was good to go. Yum!

2. My Three Cats - I will try really hard not to put them on every "good things" list, but they do have to go on the first one, or they will stop speaking to me. They are in the living room now, waiting for me to give them treats and my undivided attention. All weekend Lily was very cuddly and ready to snuggle up every time I sat down, and she's so sweet all the time.

3. Air conditioning - last summer I got my air conditioner replaced, and I decided this year that I am not going to feel guilty about using it. It's a luxury I didn't have when I was growing up, and I know a lot of people who deliberately don't turn their air on until it is suffering hot. Not me. Don't get me wrong, I love having the windows open and feeling the breeze, but not if that breeze is humid! Even having it run a little bit helps get that humidity out of the house, and helps me sleep better, and that's a very good thing.

So there - three good things. You know what? It does help!

I'm off to the sofa now...because who can resist this smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment