Saturday, February 03, 2007

Bags Galore!

I joined the Third International Tote Exchange, which has just gotten underway. It’s funny how just by signing up, I was put in the mood to make bags. So even before I had a pal assigned to me, I got started. The first bag I knit was from a pattern I found here. I knew I had one ball of Kureyon rolling around, so I used it up making this bag. I changed the handle, although I like the braided handles on the pattern. I just wanted something a little simpler this time around. I’m still in the fulling process, so I don’t have a finished product to show.

The second bag was a crocheted mesh market bag. I’ve been wanting to make one of these, and one day when I was cleaning in the basement, I unearthed a pattern that I tore out of a 1980's Family Circle magazine. I pulled out a nice mercerised cotton from Lane Borgosesia in a muted green, and got going. The one thing I love about crochet - it’s so speedy. I finished the bag in three days. I changed the bottom shaping to make it less severe, and changed the strap, and although it doesn’t look like much, I really like it.
Last weekend our swap partners were assigned, and now I get to start all over and plan another bag. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment